- Art & Culture
According to the two Latin inscriptions on the facade, humanist Eliseo Raimondi commissioned the building of his courtly building in 1496, entrusting its construction to Cremonese architect Bernardino De Lera. The palazzo has an elegant ashlar façade in white and pink marble, unusual for that period, when façades were made of bricks. The façade ends with eaves which keep the original Renaissance grotesque decorations. The internal courtyard, originally porticoed on four sides, was remodelled in 19th century, and of the old courtyard it remains just the back façade portico.