- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Chiesa San Vincenzo
The present-day church of San Vincenzo is the result of a renovation carried out by architect L. Binago between 1594 and 1600, involving two more ancient buildings: the church of San Vincenzo, founded in 1120, and that of San Giacomo, from 1301. The façade was completed in 1629: it features an architectural design of a continuing classical style, emphasized by two giant Ionic order half-columns, enriched by decorative elements in the Baroque style. At the rear, one can still see part of the ancient medieval construction in the three apses decorated with elongated corbels and barrel-vaults of decreasing depth. The interior is subdivided into three naves and still displays pictorial works and sculptures dating from the 17th to the 18th centuries, such as the Annunciazione by Gervasio Gatti, on the first right-hand altar, San Gioacchino e l’angelo by Francesco Boccaccino, on the altar at the end of the right–hand nave, and in the presbytery, within a carved wooden altarpiece, San Vincenzo tra gli angeli, attributed to the school of Borroni.
Feriali e festivi: 7.30/12.00 - 15.30/19.00
Gli orari potrebbero essere suscettibili di variazioni, per informazioni contattare il numero infopoint Cremona 0372 407081