- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Chiesa di Sant'Ilario
The church rests on the spot where, in 1137, there had been a smaller one: it was reconstructed in 1716 and finished in 1766. The façade has been left incomplete and
shows in its lower section the intention to be adapted to the Baroque style, while the
upper part is still in the original rustic stage.
The interior is characterised by a single ave with side-chapels, decorated vaults and 18th century frescoes, attributed to iovanni Battista Zaist, enclosed in elegant plaster frames. Notable features are: in he second chapel on the right, above the altar, two paintings – an oval representing The Madonna con S. Anna e S. Gioacchino by Francesco Boccaccino, and on the other one Il transito di San Giuseppe by Carlo Picenardi -, on the right hand wall of the choir Sant' Ilario vescovo, Sant'Apollonia e Santa Caterina, attributed to Giulio Campi, and on the left La Vergine con Bambino e San Gerolamo by Antonio Campi (1546), in the last chapel on the left Angelo Massarotti’s Immacolata con Santi e Angeli e la famiglia di Felice da Pardo, the Spanish governor of Cremona (1688).
Feriali e festivi: 7.30/12.00 - 15.30/19.00
Gli orari potrebbero essere suscettibili di variazioni, per informazioni contattare il numero 0372 20503