- Art & Culture
Sant'Omobono and its square
The little square of Sant’Omobono is paved with cobblestones which cover an old cemetery, become a mass grave during the plague in 1630. Palazzo Pallavicino Ariguzzi and Palazzo Cattaneo also surround the square. The church, at first dedicated to Sant’Egidio, was later given the name of the patron saint of the town as Omobono died there during the mass on November 13th 1197. He was buried there until his remains were moved to the Cathedral. From then onwards the church has been venerated by cremonese devotees.