- Art & Culture
Palazzo Schinchinelli Martini
The palace of the aristocratic family Schinchinelli was built in 1588 and expanded in 1762, as recounted to this day on a memorial stone set on the right-hand base of the grand central entrance. The ground floor exhibits ashlar masonry on the windows and the central doorway, while the first floor is decorated with triangular timpani-crowned windows and alternating curvilinear tracing. Inside the building one finds a series of courtyards, bounded by Serlio-style arcade leading to a small garden. In the passage on the right, the grand staircase for receptions stands in its grandeur impressive and stately: it is a double-ramp affair, with stone balustrades and it leads to the chambers of the first floor, decorated with frescoes and plaster works from 18th century.