- Active & Green
- Cycle Tourism
Parco al Po
The Po Park creates a filter between the city and the naturalistic area of the Po river and its banks.
The Po and Morbasco Park (PLIS), occupies a wide part of the river’s plain and it represents and important green area of the town. In the Park there are several sport facilities: this zone is very important from the naturalistic-landscape point of view and for the outdoor activities (trekking and cycle-tourism) along the river Po river and on the Po river.
The Colonie Padane park, in the Po and Morbasco Park, near the river and just outside the town, is considered particularly interesting for its location and vegetation.
The Colonie Padane park was constructed in 1936, during the Fascist age, when it was decided to transform a swimming area in a helio-therapy colony/leisure area for the children. From the architectonic point of view, the main building has the shape of a big ship placed in a wide park of almost 60 thousand square meters, rich in essences of the Po valley, with small swimming pools and lakes which were restored when it was decided to transform the area in a leisure facility.