- Art & Culture
Palazzo Cattaneo, which dates back to the 16th century, formerly property of the noble Ariberti family, was renovated in 1788 by architect Faustino Rodi for the Marquis Antonio Cattaneo. The current façade, with light ashlaring on the lower part and broken up by pediment windows on the first floor, was renovated in 1869. The entrance hall opens onto a small closed courtyard which had porticoes on two sides and leads to an elegant and somber staircase, leading to the first floor rooms. On the inside one finds the grand central hall, once used only for concerts, octagonal in shape, with an elliptical dome held by caryatids and telamons and refined stucco decorations.