- Art & Culture
SS. Margherita e Pelagia
The church of Santa Margherita and Pelagia was built in 1547. Bishop Marco Gerolamo Vida commissioned it to Giulio Campi, who also frescoed the interior helped by his brother Antonio. The church has a single nave with six side altars and frescoes of the life of Christ and it is considered one of the most significant examples of Cremonese mannerism. Statues of the Apostles in terracotta in the niches of the walls were designed by Giulio Campi. In late 19th and early 20th centuries, the church passed a long period of abandon and closure. Reopened in 1929, the church became the privileged seat of devotion to Santa Rita da Cascia.
Feriali: 10.00/12.30 - 15.00/16.30
Chiusura nel mese di agosto.
Gli orari potrebbero essere suscettibili di variazioni, per informazioni contattare il numero infopoint Cremona 0372 407081