- Art & Culture
Chiesa ex monastero di San Benedetto
The origin of the monastery is due to the movement of religious renewal advocated from the 11th century by the Benedictine order. It was the first to be built in an area near Cremona where later other monastic buildings were built. Interesting the church, that preserves an important fresco by Angelo Massarotti. In 1786 the monastery became a college for nobles called the 'Canonichesse di San Carlo', but at the end of the 17th century it was used as a military hospital and then as a barracks. Since 1907 the building is called Caserma Pagliari.