- Art & Culture
Palazzo Cavalcabò already appears on Antonio Campi’s map of Cremona from 1582. In 1838 it became the possession of Marquis Agostino Cavalcabò, who entrusts architect Carlo Visioli with the task of redoing the façade. It is remodelled again in 1877 by architect Alessandro Galeotti who gave it its current appearance of somber elegance. From the entrance hall one can admire the view of succession of courtyards which end with the final exedra of the internal garden. The grandiose monumental staircase with double ramp and richly decorated ceiling in 19th century style leads to the apartments of the nobility, which are the property of the Cavalcabò family to this day.